Free vitamins to help you start your healthy habit!
The Spina Bifida Association of Arizona is dedicated to preventing Spina Bifida through awareness!
On average, 95 babies/year are born with neural tube defects (NTDs) in Arizona, and about 48 or more cases are related to the lack of folic acid. Additionally, Latinas have a 1.5 to 3 times higher risk than non-Hispanic white females do of having a baby affected by these birth defects; recent research has shown that the consumption of multivitamins with Folic Acid 400 mcg complemented by a folate-rich diet at least three months before pregnancy and during reduces the incidence of neural tube defect affected pregnancies by 60-80%.
Folic Acid and Spina Bifida Awareness
Will you be involved with spreading the word?
If you would like to support or participate by increasing awareness, thank you! You can help in one the ways below
- High school student(s) interested in participating
- Chef offering in-kind donation of culinary expertise
- Culinary school offering your facility for class and kitchen space
- Community or civic organization interested in partnering
- Corporation offering in-kind donation of products for program usage
To get started, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602.274.3323.